Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Changing from Cot to Bed

Hi

I am looking to convert my sons cot into a bed but have some concerns.

Basically my main worry is that in the morning when he wakes he will start messing with his drawers and get his fingers trapped.

Other than that everything will be toddler proof.

Is there a solution? or will he eventually get bored and not bother?

Thanks

XX

Replies

• we had to do this last weekend as pippa decided to try to climb out of her cot and so far so good. I thought she take all the nappies of the changing unit and it'd be a right mess in the morning but she's been really good. she's not bothered with her draws or wardrobe, she wakes up about 15 mins earlier but she actually gets out of bed and looks at her books. if the rooms toddler proof i'd go for it, the 1st day we changed we did try to keep her up all day with no nap just so she was tired but in the end she did have 30 mins but she was fine
    good luck
    xx
  • HI
    We just put our 30 month old into her cot bed. She has been fine. We put a stair gate at her door and have the monitor on so we can hear if she is up to mischief. If she wakes before us then she gets some books and looks at them. She has not (so far) gone into her drawers etc...
    If you are worried then why not get them fixed to the wall so they can't topple over on him. Also you can buy drawer locks like the ones you would use in the kitchen. Even magnetic ones can be too hard for them to open.

good luck
    d x
  • Thanks Girls. Hadnt realised they did the magnetic ones, ill have a look now!

XX