Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

moving house

help!
moving house in a few weeks any one got any hints and tips for making it easier on pagan? and me as ill be 8 months!

:\?

Replies

• Options
    I have no idea, because i am 8 months now and moving in a couple of weeks - are we mad??!!!
  • Options
    good luck ladies!
    Get the removal firm to do the packing?..... get friends and family to rally round?
    I moved house 6 months ago, Grace was 7months then. I sent her off to my sisters for the day!
    All I can suggest, is the first things to unpack are the beds and a change of clothes for the next day... Oh and the kettle!
  • Options
    All I can say is try to take it easy both! We moved at the begining of the year when I had 6 weeks to go and I did far too much! Boy did I suffer afterwoods, took me weeks to get my strength back. It's stressfull moving at the best of times let alone being heavily preggers! Make sure you don't lift ne thing too heavy and sit down wenever you feel the need. Wish I'd listened to my body telling me to rest. I had shooting pains up and down my legs for days after where I'd been doing far too much. Good luck with the moves! x x x
  • Options
    im moving in a couple of weeks to. prob the weekend before xmas!! lovely. lo is nearly 1 so she should be fine. its all a bit up in the air at the mo and its making me nervous we could be homless on christmas eve!!
  • Options
    Hi,

I moved at 6 months and I found a removal firm who were based down the road from where I was moving to so that they wouldn't mind ours being the last job of the day. I checked in advance what they would do and expained the situation and they did all the lifting and put the boxes in the right rooms in the new place really cheaply.

Look after yourself and be careful is all I can say!
  • Options
    we are moving on 15th!! yeah. ive been having a few sleepless nights that santa might be bring scarlets prezzies to the streets!! now im just sat here thinking god i have to pack! good luck to everyone moving.