Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Doing the actions?

At toddler group we always have a sing along at the end with nursery rhymes. I try and sing them to Charlotte at home with the actions so she'll get to know them.

The last couple of days when I've sung The Wheels On The Bus & Wind The Bobbin Up she has done some of the actions!! They are very subtle but I can see her arms going round and round for the wheels and also the action for winding the bobbin. She also "sings" too whilst doing it. Do you think she really is learning them already at 16 months?

:\)

Replies

• Options
    so irritatiing - I just replied to this but it didn't work!! arrgghh!

Yes she is definatly learning them, and she'll do more and more everyday. Shea's doing a lot of actions now, and also copying things off the tv.

they are amazing how quickley they learn and pick things up
    xx
  • Options
    Oh I've replied in baby but basically YES of course she is - clever little lady!
  • Options
    Yes of course she is. What a clever girl. Its great to see them learning new things every day. I have a nursery Rhyme CD in the car and Kara sings along with Music Man and makes the sound of the trumpet. She listens for the words of Wind the Bobbin and claps when they say clap and points to the door when they say point to the door. Also when she hears Round and Round the Garden she starts to tickle her hand. I notice her every day doing more actions to more songs and it is really funny.

• Options
    clever girl. i think its so cute when they start doing the actions toby likes wheels on the bus wind the bobbin twinkle twinkle but his favorite is dingle dangle scarecrow which he trys to do the actions to