Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyon know anything about trampolines???

am thinking of getting daisy a trampoline with the grandparents money for her birthday but having googled trampolines im confused at difference in size and price. my lo will be 2 so initially was going to get her a 6ft one but would she be safe on an 8 ft one?? i thought i could get a bigger one and we could go on together or should i opt for smaller one where she can get on and off as she pleases???? also does anyone have an y make they particuarlly recommend?? and can you put them on decking or do they have to be on grass??? my grass isnt particuarly flat which is why im asking. thankyou xx

Replies

• we bought Ollie a massive 10foot trampoline and enclosure by MAD DASH when he was one. We used some of the money from his christening to pay for it, and decided that we'd get a huge one and use it like a garden play pen until he was old enough to use it like a trampoline.
    At 2 he was running round it and bouncing in it, and he could even, with supervision, get himself out and down from it.

we have ours on the grass in the garden, and I have to say it has been one of the best ever buys we made.

I'd say go for the bigger one and both get on it (We all get on ours at the same time) and have fun learning together image

xxx
  • im the same as ICL my mum brought a 10ft one for macey when she was 2 and she adores it and everybody goes on with her and she has so much fun on it and cant wait to get it up in the garden again. I also put a table at the zip gate and she gets in and out on her own or you could get some safe steps to add to it. I wouldnt have one without an enclosure though that would scare the hell out of me and she often bounces against the nets! xx
  • brilliant thanks girls thats what i was thinking. ive looked at 8 ft ones and am thinking one of those may be big enough as my grass area is quite small most of my garden consists of pond and decking . good idea about the steps daisy would think she was in heaven if she got steps she loves climbing. and heather we bought daisy an indoor trampoline for her first birthday and she has used it every day since only she is so rough and aggressive on it now she is lifting it right off the floor!!! but she still prefers to jump on the sofa and the beds lol!!