Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

using a car seat on an aircraft

I am travelling long haul with my 18month old with Emirates and am takin my car seat with me as my son is not allowed to sit in his own sit without it during times on turbulance, take off and landing etc. It meets all the requirements but am wondering if anyone has any experience of using a seat on a plane.

The seat is a britax freeway and Britax say they have had positive feedback on this seat being used on a plane. The seat base is small enough to fit on the sit, but worried that the widest part of the seat may not be above the armrest.

Any thoughts, shared expeiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• We used our LO car seat on just a short flight but found it invaluable so i would highly recommend it for a long haul. Don't worry about the arm rests, you can just put them up into the upright position between the seats and it wont get in the way. The only pain was lugging it throught he airport!
    Happy holidays!!
  • I live in Middle East and fly frequently to and from UK. Once they are too big for bassinett I tend to take car seat. Check on the Emirates site as they should have the measurements etc.. for a car seat.