Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

really worried

Hi ladies sorry in advance for the moan but I need some help.

I took the boys to stay & play today and Isaac has hurt his leg. Im not sure how coz he was fine when he was sitting down and screamed when he stood up. Im hoping its a sprain (sp?) but he is screaming in pain when he stands up and cant put any weight on it. He is just saying 'my leg' and wont tell me if its his knee, ankle or foot?? Hes on the sofa and wont get down.

What do I do?? Should I take him to A&E incase hs popped something out of place or could he just need to rest a bad sprain?

To top it off the other 2 have got a sky high temperatures, Tylers bum, is so sore where he is on anti Bi's for a throat infection and its just making him poop every hour or so and one of the mums today said her boys have just had chicken pox which started off with cold like symptoms & high temps then 2 weeks later they came out in spots.

Im so worried I could cry my eyes out round about now. Its times like these I wished i'd never moved house coz at least i'd have my mum for a bit of support.

Sorry again for the moan xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ladies

I took ur advice becki.s and called NHS direct. She told me to take him in.
no breaks/fractures but they think he has torn the muscle underneath his foot thats why he can move his leg ect but not put weight on it. He should be fine in a couple of days.

Thanx for all ur help and advice xx xx

Elaine & boys xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hes started putting weight on his foot today - phew. My lil man, bless him.

Thanx again for your help ladies xx

[Modified by: brandollarz on 22 March 2009 11:02:17 ]

[Modified by: brandollarz on 22 March 2009 11:04:56 ]

Replies

• hi didnt want to read and run. I would ring NHS Direct up about his leg, they will advise you on whats best to do but if your still worried i'm sure it would be ok to take him to a&e. Hope things get better x
  • Oh no poor you. Can you get him in to an emergency doctors appt if not A&E? I'd have thought it needs checkign out if he can't put any weight on his leg, just in case he needs to have it strapped up or anything.

Hope you have 3 happy boys again soon
  • Oh hun, sounds like you are having a dreadful day!
    Hopefully you have had Isaac's leg checked out and it is just a sprain but let us know what has happened?
    How are your other boys? Sending you big hugs....sounds like you need something better than that though image

• thankyou for your replies ladies. I gave him some Ibruprofen and he started to put his toes down but still wouldnt walk on it. This morning he is the same and wont put any weight on it so im going to take him to the doctors rather than drag him up to A&E..

My poor lil man. Thanx again for your replies xx
  • hi, didnt wanna read and run, let us no how it goes at the doctors and hope they al get beta soon
  • Hope it was nothing serious with his leg and that you have 3 happy little boys again very soon and fingers crossed it's not chicken pox any of them are coming down with x
  • Hi ladies

I took ur advice becki.s and called NHS direct. She told me to take him in.
    no breaks/fractures but they think he has torn the muscle underneath his foot thats why he can move his leg ect but not put weight on it. He should be fine in a couple of days.

Thanx for all ur help and advice xx xx

Elaine & boys xx
  • Oohh sounds painful, poor Isaac. Hope he gets better soon xx