Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bathtimes

Hello Ladies,my son will be 2 in a few weeks and iam having so much trouble at bath times,anybody would think that i was trying to kill him,he screams the house down,he used to love the bath but now hates it,i think its becouse he hates his hair been washed,so ive tried not washing his hair everytime he goes in the bath but its not done anything,has any of you ladies got any tips or advice

sarah

Replies

• Do you have an over bath shower? Or an attachment for the taps? That might get him used to the water going over his head. Or if you have separate shower put him in with you. Then he can see you in there and it might make it more fun for him and less scared.
  • Hi

Cld you bath him in the morning when he wasnt as tired? ive found it alot easier bathing my 3 in the morning.

Re screaming the house down, i had same problem but we went to toy shop and bought a special bath time toy and he wanted to play with it so much he got in without screaming

failing that just keep reapeating to yourself 'its just a phase, its just a phase' its my mantra at the mo as twins are biting each other :-roll) x

xxDBxx
  • thanks ladies,i will try the shower next time,failing that will get oh to have a bath with him,as i dont like baths,i bath him just after his afternoon nap,so he shouldnt be that tired,hes got loads of toys for the bath but he wont sit down,he just stands there screaming and crying his head off, :lol: will try the mantra DB, will be a lot easier i think when the twins are old enough to stick them all in the bath

sarah
  • I know where you are coming from as although my lo doesn't scream in the bath, since we have gone from him having his bath in the baby bath to the big bath (he is a big boy and 14 months old), he will not sit down. I have all the toys under the sun (paddlers, suction things for the side of the bath so he has something to look at, dolphin which blows bubbles, ducks etc), and it is driving me mad as he used to love bathtime.

Lately, I have taken one of his downstairs toys upstairs with me at bathtime for him to play with in the bath, and he is happier. Stacking cups are the favourite - we pour water out of them over his hands etc.