Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Soooooooo Ashamed - nits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• thats the problem we've had I think as Shea's hair is quite long and curly, Hubby now wants to go ahve it cut so he doesn't get them again but I don't want to look like a hard nut with short hair, i love his golden locks.................
  • Just out of interest there was this program on tv once, and this guy allowed himself to be infested with nits (god knows why!?). Then they did this test where him and 2 other blokes held their heads together, to see how long it takes to pass them along.

They had cameras actually in this guys hair - and the lice can 'sense' another head nearby and crawl really really fast onto the other head! They can't actually jump or fly. But the other 2 guys were infested in seconds! It was gross to watch lol!

My head is itching just thinking about it!

• yeah its a myth that they jump, they can only walk

I suppose thats why little kids get them more than older as they play much closer together so their heads are touching more
  • Hi,

another thing to think about is washing your lo's bedding everyday till thier gone - a pain I know - but I was told once that lice can live in bedding.

I agree with all the advice given about using conditioner & fine comb, nits build up an immunity to the chemicals.

And just to add that I have had them to on more than one occasion from my job - they r horrid but do go away

may be if everyone was more open about them and checked thier childrens hair everyday as routine just like brushing teeth it would lessor a recurring problem!
  • Hi,

another thing to think about is washing your lo's bedding everyday till thier gone - a pain I know - but I was told once that lice can live in bedding.

I agree with all the advice given about using conditioner & fine comb, nits build up an immunity to the chemicals.

And just to add that I have had them to on more than one occasion from my job - they r horrid but do go away

may be if everyone was more open about them and checked thier childrens hair everyday as routine just like brushing teeth it would lessor a recurring problem!