Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How old was your LO when potty trained?????

Hello all I am Sarah normally on prem and twin forum, however, as well as 4mth twins i have a 2 year old, Caitlin (2 in August) i am currently toilet training her, she will only use the toilet not the potty at all, unless on her head counts!!

How long did it take others to toilet/potty train Caitlin is doing really well but only tend to let her wear big girl pants when we are at home, when did you take your LO out with proper pants on???

Sorry so many questions

Sarah

xx

Replies

• hello am lillian hav an eight weeks old n a 22month old n am potty training at d moment. she only wears proper pants at home n wear pull ups wen we r out. not sur but i'l stick 2 d pants properly wen she's 2 and a half 2 avoid embarasin accidents, hopefully she'l be mor confident by then. wel jus rememba extra clothes n extra pants wen u start.
  • hi im lisa i have jack who is 2 and a half and im due baby 2 in jan so we started potty trainin him in mid october.....he has got it most of the time but we still have the odd accident and still wear pullups if were goin out somewhere to play and he will be pre occupied as he is lazy with it when were out ....i would say if she is doing it at home all the time she is probably ready for goin out but if ure worried bout accidents use pullups ....there expensive though only 14 for ??5 ......sorry not much help xxxxxx
  • hi my daughter Felicity is 3 in jan and i potty trained her soon after her 2nd birthday. she wasnt interested in the potty at all and when she was about 2years 3months she decided she wanted to go on the loo. I left her in nappies for 2more weeks because she only done it 3times. But all of a sudden she was doing it everytime she wanted a wee so I got her straight in knickers even when we went out. so she got used to using public loos from the beginning.
    Now she is doing it all on her own - getting on, wiping, flushing & washing hands.
    good luck its so much easier when they become independant. and cheaper when they're out of nappies xx

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/a47g/1.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/a47g/2.png

• Thank you so much for replies, Caitlin is using the toilet quite a bit so might brave teh great outdoors with plenty of extra clothes

xx
  • My eldest was about 20 months, and my second was 23 months, but it took until about 3 years old for my eldest to be dry at night. However I have found that they go through spells of wetting them selves. It's like they will just have a bad day and have two or three accidents and then be dry for weeks after. Good luck

xx
  • hi im elaine - I have 3 yr old James(J)(3 in Oct) 22 month old Isaac and 5 month old Tyler.

My eldest J has been potty/toilet trained for about 6 months now and I took him out in pants about a month after we started. We had accidents but I think its important for them to have accidents outdoors to learn that they mustnt do it. Isaac has only just started showing an interest in potty training although he wont use a potty just the toilet coz thats what hes seen J do. lol He wont wee in it tho just a 'bum bum' as its called in our house. Im not gonna push it tho he'll let me know when hes ready. Well done Caitlin and good luck with the great outdoors!! image xx xx

[Modified by: brandollarz on November 23, 2008 09:37 AM]

• thank you again, had quite few accidents today but still trying to encourage her and let her know its ok to have accidents but try to remember that we have wee wee's on the toilet, bless her