Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Eating crayons!

Jeees, I am sooo fed up with Matthew biting the crayons then saying 'uck' to me!!!! Why will he not understand that it is a bad thing to do?!!! Anyone else's LO bite crayons? I'm worried Matthew might end up like the daft kid in the Simpsons that eats everything in the classroom LOL!! :lol:
Rant over. Oh, and why does Toddler forum keep 'disappearing'?

Replies

• :lol: juliette, Isaac is the same, we have the chunky crayons and they all have teeth marks in them, he doesnt actually say yuk but he makes a face and spits it out, then goes straight back for another bite, I think he might be a bit stupid :lol: only kidding but I seriously dont remember the others doing it maybe it is something about boys born in april 2007.
  • LOL!!
    Well, I hosted our little toddler group (our continued post natal group) at my house on Friday, and all the toddlers seemed to bite and eat a bit of them, so it's not just our boys!! I feel like a CSI with all these LOs teeth marks in the crayons :lol:
    xxxx
  • Yes, Alfie used to do this as well but he (touch wood) seems to have grown out of it now...

...you wait, I'll be back on here tomorrow telling you all he's been munching on wax crayons again!!! :roll:
  • You are very brave juliette, hosting your post natal toddler group. I still keep in touch with the ladies I met when I had alice, we used to meet up when our post natal group had finished and we took turns to host but once the children were up and moving around we started to find place to go to save the houses getting trashed (not that I minded, my house was pretty trashed anyway :lol: ) Now our children are nearly 4 we meet up every month or so for a meal in the evening with no husbands or children, much more civilised :lol:

I help run our local toddler group and made it my mission this morning to find out how many children chew the crayons and I'm ashamed to say it was only mine!
  • Eating crayons, fluff off the carpet, food he's dropped onto his high chair, book corners, his socks, his t-shirts...in fact I dont think there's much he hasnt had a good chew on! You'd think I didnt feed him the little monkey! xxx
  • this is really weird leighton just started today im sat there colouring just to sho him how its done (although did enjoy it got a excuse now got a toddler lol) and he starts chewing the crayon but he likes it and actually ate half a crayon before i can get it off him little monster glad not the only one lol
  • this is really weird leighton just started today im sat there colouring just to sho him how its done (although did enjoy it got a excuse now got a toddler lol) and he starts chewing the crayon but he likes it and actually ate half a crayon before i can get it off him little monster glad not the only one lol