Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Refusing to brush her teeth!

Hello everyone!image My daughter is 18 months and brushing her teeth hasn't been a problem before. We sit down and do our teeth together but now all she does is suck off the toothpaste and throw her toothbrush! I try to help her and try to have a giggle but we only get so far then she'll turn her head away if I try to help! I'm starting to worry between the times that she does and she doesn't!
Any tips???
xx

Replies

• Try a having tooth brush each -you have a go and she has a go.....may be a visit to the library/book shop to find a book about teeth or going to the dentist etc......
    Try singing a song....like- Brush your teeth each morning, brush your teeth each night...thats the way to keep them strong and sparkly white!!!!!!
    I dont know how much she will understand but keep talking to her about how important it is that we brush our teeth twice a day may be you could brush yours at the same time as her so she see you do it too, or even let her brush you teeth if she lets you brush hers.....hope this might help??? Goo luck Shay
  • my niece didnt like brushing her teeth. at one point my sister had to lay her on the floor and be on top of her (not hurtin her at all) to brush her teeth. i dont think my sister found it funny but it looked hilarious. i know thats no help at all but ye
  • Thank you both for your replies!
    I tried with what Shay said about letting her brush my teeth and apart from her nearly choking me a couple of times with my toothbrush she was alot more involved!
  • Hope you make some progress with the tooth brushing thudson......Shay
  • my 17 month old started refusing to let me brush his teeth, it really was becoming a battle, i bought him a childs electric toothbrush and he now loves brushing his teeth! Hope this helps.
  • Hi you can buy light up toothbrushes and I also went out and brought a brush your teeth barney. Its barney in pj's and sings about brushing his teeth.