Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st Birthday Party went really well!

Hi everyone just wantede to tell everybody that yesterday was Max's first birthday party!

We really don't have much money at the moment, so we had it at home, and invited grandparents, uncles, aunties and cousins. I baked a cake, and some cupcakes, made a few sandwiches and cut up some salad for food.
I asked for one of his presents to be cd of nursery rhymes so we had a singalong and everyone really enjoyed it.

So if you don't have much money either, don't worry! :\( It didn't cost more than ??20 (excluding a couple of presents!)

1 year olds don't need big expensive toys - Max spent half an hour playing with a box with a balloon in it!

xxxxxx :\)

Replies

• Glad Max's 1st B'Day went well. We only had a small teaparty for Lily with grandparents there. Lily loved it and spent ages playing with a helium filled balloon my mum had bought her.
    xx
  • I'm glad you had a lovely day!
    My most cherished childhood memories are not how what my presents were or how big my parties were - it's how much fun we had and who was there! We'll have enough pressure when the kids are older and subject to peer pressure so in my opinion there is no need to spend a fortune on things now!!
    xxx
  • we did the same for sonny except it was may & the hottest day ever. loads of fun in the garden, curled up sandwiches & cup cakes. bliss