Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help!

Hi everyone!!

I know there has been hundreds of posts like mine but I'm in a pickle with Joshua. We bought his big boys bed last week and have been trying to get him to go to sleep in it and no matter what we do, he wont. We have been letting him go to sleep in his cot then lifting him into his bed, where he stays until the morning. I need to get him to go to sleep in his bed asap so i can get matthew into the cot cos he is outgrowing his crib very fast!!

Any suggestions???

Heather xxx

Replies

• Options
    have you tried taking joshua out and getting him to pick a new bed cover for his big boy bed? or getting a book about beds? a new teddy to go to sleep with in his big boy bed? have you changed anything else in his routine? my lo is taken up to bed with night light on but she does get in and out to "read" books but then gets into bed when she is tired enough. i have gone back up once and found her asleep on the floor,lol but most of the time lo has a book on bed and reads to teddy and dolly and falls asleep.
  • Options
    Hi
    He's only 19months.

I sat by his bed tonight and totally ignored him until he fell asleep. everytime he sat up, i lay him down. It took 1hour and 20mins which i think is bloody good going. tomorrow night i am gonna move further away from the bed and do that each night until he learns!

Thanks for your reply xx
  • Options
    i am gonna move further away from the bed and do that each night until he learns!
    Thats the way that my Dp had done it with DD.we have recently got Zakiya into her bed routine again after letting her sleep with us for so many months but we knew we had to stop that!. Have you thought that Lil Josh isnt quiet ready to go into a big bed just yet???