Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fussy eating

hey all,,,

i am having a real problem getting brooke to eat any fruit or veg lately she just refuses it. bought new things for her to try and she wont even try it. she has a bowl of fruit at the moment mango melon and apple and she is just fishing the apple out of it ( that is all she will eat and banana if its hidden) anyone got any ideas or do u think its just a phase? she has always been so good with her food and there is nothing she dosnt like well as a rule anyway! just the past few weeks she wont eat her dinner if it has veg with it. still giving it to her in the hope she will just start eating it again..

Replies

• To get some veg into her maybe roast or boil up some veg... carrot, broccolli, mushrooms, courgette ect and combine it with tomatoes and puree it to make a sauce to go with the dinner like pasta or chicken ect?? Im guessing its just a phase and I fully expect Eoin to go through it soon!!! good luck xx
  • she is 18 months by the way! yeah i have been mashing banana up in her breakfast. she has lasagne for tea with mushrooms in. gunna just blend up some veg with it so she cant refuse it x
  • I don't know who programmed LO's to be awkward!!! It feels like Rhianna won't eat the same thing two days running, but reality is it's not that bad! I swing between going mad trying to get her to eat things, stressing about her eating/not eating and the other side which is realising that she DOES eat things, things AREN'T that bad - I'm sure lots of other Mummys feel the same.
    She won't come to any harm by eating apples and hidden bananas for a while, and as Palmtree said you can hide veg in sauces to make it up.
    Have you tried dried apricot and raisins? Rhianna will always eat them, and likes dried date pieces (yuk)
    Good luck, remember it won't last (fingers crossed!) xx

• she used to eat raisins by the bowl full now she wont touch em. even mixed in with porridge or weetabix she spits them out! she is a funny bunny!! xx
  • This is probably going to sound a bit harsh- but dont your toddlers just really annoy you sometimes!!!

Joshua is the same- one minute he loves fish fingers and the next minute ill hand him his plate and he'll lift it back up and say 'all done' and he wouldnt have touched one bit! Why do they go off things so easily! I know in the grand scheme of things if they dont like something now chances are they will one day with perserverance but when youve slaved over the oven or spent a small fortune on food and they refuse it i feel so dis heartened!

oh the joys of motherhood, you gotta love 'em! xxx
  • Lol Ben is like this,or rather was but seems to be getting better again!hes 17mths now and as a rule would eat almost anything!then he went fussy refusing things he had eaten in the past and the amount of food i wasted or the dog had was annoying!
    I would hope it is just a phrase,and think that trying to disguise fruit and veggies in with other ingrediants is the best plan!!!!
    Ben has raisens and bananna in with his weetabix,also chuck some into his yogurts..veg can be mashed into potatoes or tomatoes to make a sauce ect.....good luck!