Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

happy but need advise

hi girls
wade has just done his 12th wee wee on his potty the 5th one without me having to ask him if he wants to go just he goes and does it. cause i let him run around with no nappie on.
but not sure whether to train him properly now go buy some pants and just do it his only 18months but doing well without me even potty training him its only cause he has no nappie his going to do it on his own.
so shall i try and potty train him now?oh and he does it standing up he doesn't sit on his little chair potty only stands think his been watching daddy. even though he always comes with me in toilet.
so any advise would help
gio

Replies

• hi hun, sounds like you have a very clever little boy, well done wade! Because he already is aware of when he needs to go for a wee i think you'd be fine getting him some pants. my 2 year old still has no idea when she needs to go and when i tried to train last week we got nowhere she just couldnt grasp what it felt like before the wee comes!

if i were you id get him pants and see how he goes. i think he'll do well in them. if for any reason he doesnt take to them dont worry about it, just go back to nappies, because of his age theres no pressure to get him trained so you can just go with trial and error! X
  • we're potty training at the mo and Shea is 29months and I tried putting pants on last week when we were in the house but it just confused him, like he thought he was still wearing a nappy and did 8 pees in 8 pairs of pants within 15minutes!!

so we went back to bear bum around the house he gones back to doing wees and poos in potty fine!!