Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Should i.........

take Jessica to the doctor!
She has had the most disgusting nappies for over a week know and up to four times a day, i just put it down to teething as she does not appear ill!
I have noticed today that she is having a really dirty nappy straight after eating and it is quite runny, im getting a bit worried that she is getting an intollerance to something!

What do you think!

Thanks

Replies

• Hi Simone, firstly anything that worries you when it comes to littles ones is worth having checked by your gp. But having said that regarding food intolerances from what I've seen the reaction is quite quick and quite severe vomiting (however this is only my experience of course) xxx
  • Im proberly worrying about nothing as it does not seem to be bothering her, i just thought it was a bit strange that as soon as she ate anything today it came straight out the other end!
  • maybe she just has a little tummy bug? If she's ok in herself then I wouldn't worry too much? Has she had much choccie today?? As that can be like a laxative?? Just a thought! X
  • She has had some chocci today, but the runny nappies have been going on for a week! Will see how she is and if it is no better by friday i will pop down the baby clinic!
  • sounds like a good idea, it will at least put your mind at rest. Both Tate and Luka have bad nappies for days when teething xxx
  • Thanks Nicola, hope you are all ok xx
  • tired, had a v.late night last night as had friends over, so off to bed soon. The kids seem to be getting better. Teething, bad coughs etc. I just want the weather to improve now and spring to finally arrive and I will be a happy mummy!! X
  • Thats was nice, hope you had a good evening.
    I can't wait for the spring to come, i love being outside but not when it is wet!

Don't blame you for going to be early, hope you have a good night xx
  • Hi Simone,

How is Jessica this morning?

I hope you don't mind me saying but if she's had bad nappies for a week or more then I would get it checked out just to put your mind at ease if nothing else. Charlotte gets bad nappies when teething but never for more than 3 days.

I hope you are ok.

Zoe xx
  • Thanks Zoe
    She seems ok in herself, but i am fed up with having to change her clothes all the time, will prop pop her to the baby clinic!

How is Charlotte today, feeling any better xx
  • Hi simone,Dr's usually say if they have been like it for more than 7days to have it tested as a bug can lay in the gut keeping the lining or the gut thin,riley had this not that long ago but his tests came back neg and was fine after 13days in total.
  • Thanks Emma, she has not been as bad today, only one dirty nappy.
  • You have just described exactly what my ds3 is doing. I have been told as long as he is feeding and having lots of fluids then to just keep an eye on him. Its been going on for about a week and a half now.

Hope your little one is ok
  • personally i'd go to gp. isabel had a similar problem last week and we ended up having a stool sample sent off. although nothing showed up it put my mind to rest. instead i swapped white bread and pasta for brown and offered things like scrambled eggs for lunch and for the last 3 days (touch wood) her nappies are back to normal!!
  • hiya simone, just wondered how jessica is today?

hope alls ok
    kas xx
  • Hi
    Jessica is still having bad nappies, but is fine in herself, she had be up for three hours Monday night as i think she had tummy ache then had a dirty nappy! Trying to get hold of the doctors but the line is down!
  • Hi simone, how is Jessica now? Hope the docs have managed to see her? x
  • Oh Simone,

Poor Jessica. Did you manage to get her seen and if so what have they said?
  • Well could not get hold of the doctors today as the phones are still playing up, but touch wood she has only had one dirty nappy today and it wasn't to bad!
  • Thats good and sounds much better,hope she continues to improve.