Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

teething and illness

im just wandering if any mums have had any experience with this. my 16months old has been ill on and off for a few months now. if it not a viral bug its a tummy bug and if not that then its the cold, it is driving my potty. anyway i notice that directly after she has been ill and tooth seems to a ppear and i just wander if this could be anything to do with it, does it knock their a=immune system.

thanks

Replies

• My daughter is 14 months and has been exactly the same! Everytime she gets ill, my oh says, "I bet you're gonna say it's a tooth!" Which I do... and it usually is!!!
    I think their immune system gets shot when teething as they feel run-down with it all. My lo just got 4 back teeth come through between the end of Jan and End of Feb. That was bad. She's also just had gastro wotsit and low and behold I can see another couple on their way!
  • its dreadfull isnt it. i feel so bad for her when she is ill. she has no extra weight as it is and everytime she gets ill she looses more. she only weighs about 19-20lbs. its her eye tooth thats coming at the moment. i just hope that we dont have to go through it again for the next one.
  • My mom and mother in law both told me from the start when my LO starts teething he will get a runny nose or a sore bum - and both has happened! Who knows why it happens but it does when my LO gets a new tooth.