Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

toddler sleep

hi, dd is 2 nxt week, and every1 always comments on how much she sleeps- some ppl saying i should ask the gp for a blood test as it doesnt seem normal- she goes down for the night at 7.30pm, normally goes straight to sleep in a couple of minutes, wakes up about 9am, then has a nap in the afternoon for 2/3 hrs, she starts getting whiney before lunch and would go to sleep if i put her in her cot! how much sleep does every1s toddlers have? i know it varies from child to child and i havent really thought about it before, but now other peoples comments have made me think and ive started to worry. xxx

Replies

• Hi hun, I think that seems fine it is slightly more than Erin but erin is 6 months older. If you are worried i guess it cannot harm to ask hv or gp. Erin sleeps 7 - 7 (usually) and then has 2 hour (max) nap mid morning. So not that disimilar really.

Love Mez x x
  • hey hun, as you knw maddie is a couple weeks younger than Lolah... she usually sleeps 7-7 and has 2 hours max around lunch time as well. so... 14 hours ish. Don't worry too much, my friends little boy qwho is a month older than Lolah sleeps 6pm-5am (11hrs) but then has about 3-4 hours sleep in the day as well. It can't hurt to ask a health nurse or your GP if you're worried, but I would enjoy it lol x Hope you're not too stressed about it... it's very hard not to cpompare isn't it?!
  • That sounds ok to me. My lo goes 7pm to anywhere from 6:15-7:30am. Then naps around 3 hours in the day, sometimes split in 2 naps sometimes all at once.
  • Sounds okay to me too tbh.

Skye's 22 months and generally sleeps 11.5-12 hrs at night, and anything from 1.5-2.5 hrs after lunch. I'm hopign she keeps this up until she's at least 2 and a half and goes off to pre-school on my non-working days!! She's so full on that a full day of her being awake and at home scares the hell out of me LOL! ; )
  • Gabe used to be just like Lolah but he's cut down a lot lately, he isn't overtired he just seems to not need the sleep anymore (damn!). Guess he's growing up. He sleeps about 10 hours at night and 1-2 in the day. I'd known him sleep 15 hours before but if that happened now I'd panic, cos he never does it anymore! xx
  • hi ladies, thanks for all the replies, she sounds pretty similar to most of ur lo's which has eased my mind a bit, its just other peoples comments have made me think about it more. she has her 2yr check in 2 wks so will mention it then, and im just goin to enjoy it while it lasts. xxx