Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not wanting his milk at all...?

... Is it bad or is he just growing up? He's almost 14 months. (have also posted in the baby section)

Harry very quickly went from four bottles a day to one between 9 and 10 months old but it never really bothered me as he's still growing faster than you can say "STOP" Lol.

However... he's not interested in his beaker of milk at bedtime - he just wants to get into his cot. Should i offer him a beaker of milk at another time instead? Should i just not worry about it?

He does get a lot of dairy in his diet anyway - milk in cereal, cheese, yoghurts, etc. so i'm not worried about his dairy, but what about all the nutrients that he could be missing out on?

Lucy xxx

Replies

• Hi this sounds like my son. He dropped his bottles really quik and had one in morning and one before bed. Then at about 13 mnth he started to mess around with is pm one till he wouldnt drink any. Then about a month later he did same with am one. I was worried and tried so many cups and beakers but he had no interest. Hes now 15 month and has only water to drink but eats cheese yoghurt milk in cereal so hes getting pleny calcium and is growing lots at the mo.
    Iwould go with what your lo wants and try not to worry as they get calcium in other things xxx