Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2nd carseat?

hayden is starting nursery soon and it would just make life so much easier if his daddy had a spare carseat in his car for the few time a week he may have to pick hayden up.

My question is can anyone recomend a cheap but importantly safe seat. i really don't want to spend more than ??50 . have been looking at the make nania, but there are terible reviews of it - was tempted by asda event.

Hayden is nearly two and of average size and because it would only be used for short journey (about 8 miles) it dosent need to recline for sleeping.

any advice on what is good and what best to avoid is much appreciated.
love fiona

Replies

• Options
    We are looking at the moment at the Britax Eclipse as second carseat. (for my parents in holland) It is slightly more expensive than you want (75 in kiddicare) but have not heard anything negative about it.
  • Options
    thanks ladies. the first one you posted lara is the make that had bad rap, but it is good to hear you have had good experiences, makes me think i could just chance getting the one i wanted - http://www.babyshop.co.uk/products/Nania-Beline-SP-Plus-%2d-Rol-Green.html#
    . have tried all the usual places like mothercare, halfords, kiddicare and ebay, for ideas but it is always good to have first hand experiences from mums who have used products.
    fiona

just ignore what i just said lara, had another look at picture and its a mamu not ninia seat. sorry. will keep looking!

[Modified by: fiandrup on July 31, 2010 09:58 AM]

• Options
    i have both seats in lara's post the 1st in our car as it lies back and we thought it would be good for when we go away or on long jouneys . we have 2 of the 2nd one in my mums and one in sil car. i have't had an promblem with either both are easy to fit toby looks comfey and sleeps well in both even thought the secound does't lie back and are easy to take apart and clean has toby has a habbit of being car sick .
  • Options
    thanks for replys. i have been eding towards a 123 seat like this one http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/38/5554/my-child-kid-box-car-seat---graffiti-sport/ as it turns into a booster and then we wouldn't need to buy a seperate booster when time comes. but then the price of the ones lara has posted there isn't much difference in price to buying seat now and booster later! Arghhhhh, i hate having to make descisions LOL