Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Nightime dilemma! Advice please!!

Hi.
My son will be 3 on Sept 5th and used to be a great sleeper. For the last few weeks tho he's been awful at going to bed. I'm certain its because I'm pregnant again and due next week but I dont know what to do anymore, He really only wants me, until he's so hysterical anyone will do, to lay with him until he drops off. Not so bad if he's knackered, but sometimes like tonight, he's screaming his head off, shouting allsorts to get me or his dad to go up. He shouldve been asleep hours ago.

OH says we should refuse from now on and tbh, I can barely get upstairs and lay for long due to SPD anyway. I need this to end before my baby comes, but what to do????

I've tried but now I'm stuck and really need some help. Can anyone advise me??? I'm finding it really upsetting hearing him.

Thanks
Leah :\? :cry:

Replies

• hi my little one is the same age too she was 3 the other day and goes through this every few weeks and the only way we have found is to leave her to scream its really horrible i know but if we dont do it it carrys on for weeks! it normally ends up in her making herself sick but if she does i go in clean her up without eye contact then walk back out gain and normally within 2 nights we are back to normal good luck xx
  • hi, Alice started doing this when isaac was born and she still goes through it every few weeks, she is worse when hubby is working evenings (although i dont know why coz he is far softer than me), i just put her to bed, make sure she has everything she wants (milk, cuddly bunnys and blankie) then kiss and cuddle her and say goodnight then i tell her i am not coming upstairs again to her, she kicks off sometimes for a bit but then settles. Good luck x
  • Thanks girls, at least you both seem to be in a similar frame of mind to us. I had to cave last night, purely because he sees a childminder on a wednesday and she'd let him fall asleep at 4pm for over an hour, which obviously had an effect on his sleeping pattern. He was out like a light once I gave in but it was half 11! But tonight and from now on we're gonna stick to our guns. I just felt so mean!!! Emotions dont help the situation, sodding hormones, lol. xx