Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Christening service

How long is a C of E Christening service?

Charlotte is not having hers during a Sunday morning church service as it's in September and would coincide with Harvest Festival (normally the weekend for all age service when christenings are done), so vicar said I could have a "private" one after a main service at the start of the month.

Our service starts at 12 noon, and I want to book a table at our local pub for afterwards (not having a big do). I was thinking for 1pm as I can't see the christening going for longer than half an hour?

Just don't want to book too early or too late, esp with having lo's and people rushing round etc.

And I need to sort my invites out too!

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    I think the actual christening for James took about 20 mins. If there aren't going to be too many for the meal afterwards can you try and explain to the pub that it will be somewhere between 12.30 and 1. They should be happy to accomodate that for such a special occaision.
  • Options
    Ours took place as part of a regular service. The vicar did Izaak's Christening instead of a sermon so in all we were in the Church for just over an hour. I guess it would be about 20 mins as a stand alone ceremony.
    Jo
  • Options
    Why don't you ask the vicar? He'll have an order of service planned out so will probably know almost exactly how long it will be.
  • Options
    KKng - thought it would be quicker to ask on here but yes it would be easier to do that lol! xx