Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Temper @ 15 months and I am expecting another!!

omg ive just had a boy 3 weeks ago and after reading what you ladies are going through im now pooing myself what hes going to be like have a daughter but shes just cheeky, watched something once on tv said about the headbanging when they start doing it get a large beanbag and put them on it until they calm down means they are not getting attention but protecting them from hurting themselves, if they get of it just keep putting them on, she said eventually they learn to go on it themselves when they get angry, worth a go to stop them doing damage.

Replies

• Options
    its definitely not just boys that headbutt things my daughter whos 16 months does this in frustration - usually after i take something off of her she's not supposed to be putting in her mouth! and she will headbutt the floor several times through anger. its easy for health visitors to say ignore it as mine told me to, but when they are making there head bright red and bruised thats easier said than done! at the moment phoebe has a little line of faint browny yellow bruises on her forehead through doing this, she looks like a candidate for a nspcc advert! when she goes into one of her rages, i just try to distract her attention with a toy so she forgets about it. and if this doesn't help, i'll put her in her cot for a bit of chill out time and it doesnt matter if she headbutts the mattress as she'll do less damage to her bonse with that then she'll do on the floor! it's definitely an age thing, as they cant communicate their feelings to us properly its easier for them to do something to get attention ...even if it is bad attention! this is probably just something they'll grow out of ...we hope! xx