Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Converting Cot Bed to Bed

Sorry, I have another question about moving Isabelle to a bed!!

When I take the sides off the cot bed do I then need to put a bed rail/guard on the side of the bed?

What has everyone else done?

Thanks

Replies

• I haven't moved maddie to a bed yet she is 15mths) but i think I would use a rail guard at first!! Good luck!! xx
  • I haven't moved maddie to a bed yet she is 15mths) but i think I would use a rail guard at first!! Good luck!! xx
  • Hi, We are doing this the day after boxing day and have bought a guard to put on the side of the bed and a stair gate on her bedroom door to stop any nocturnal great escapes!
    x
  • Never used the bed guard rails. Just straight to "bit bed" and thats worked out fine.
  • Lissy'smommy I know a lot of people who have put stairgates at their lo's bedroom door when going from cot to a bed, I will be doing the same as despite having a gate at the stairs I don't like the idea of her wandering around upstairs on her own while we are sleeping (my niece was terrible for this). She might not like it but she does have to stay in her room at bedtime and I don't think thats cruel.

Your little girl is very good, Neve would be straight into the bathroom squeezing toothpaste onto the floor. image
    xxx
  • my ds is two will took the side off his cot 16 months with bed rail so he didn't drop out of bed then moved him to toddler bed with the same bed rail, we have star gate on his door but its a pressure one and can be taken off with ease my son has learnt how to take it off, he runs into our room and wakes us up.