Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

frozen veg cooked then refrozen?

Hi everyone, i use frozen veg if im in a rush when making meals for my 13 and a half month old daughter Hope, i wasnt sure whether you could cook frozen veg then any that is left over (on its own mashed a bit, or with a bit of frest veg mixed in too) can be refrozen? I made her some fresh carrot and then added some frozen broccoli and cauliflower mashed together and had some left over but wasnt sure if i could refreeze it so i just threw it away! :\?

Replies

• Hi Kate

I think it's fine to re-freeze frozen veg. I have used frozen peas, sweetcorn and broc in meals for Matthew and then re-frozen them and he's been fine. I think it's just any meat or fish you can't re-freeze (something I nearly forgot once oops!)

Happy cooking image
    Juliette
  • Yep you can refreeze anything that has come out of the freezer and been cooked!
  • Thanks Juliette and Cath, thats going to make it much easier when im in a rush i can freeze more meals and then defrost them when i need them. At the moment on 2 of the nites im workin i have to just give her a jar of food to make sure i have everythin sorted and get to work on time, coz i dont usually have time to make somethin! Thanks again for replying x