Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Problem, anyideas?

My LO is 15months and has been mixing with other babies and toddlers since he was 5 weeks old. He is fine at the regular toddler groups we go to and toddles around playing. However he is a nightmare with one of my close friends LO. He is 3weeks older than Isaac, no bigger or anthing like that. However the minute they walk in the door Isaac screams and screams until they leave.

They have never hurt each other and they've known each other for a year, so I don't understand. Yes my friends LO shouts a bit and makes Isaac jump, but he just seems to HATE him! It's so embarressing and I'm getting to the point where I'm almost avoiding my friend because of it. It's not easy when suffering bad morning sickness with no2.

Any ideas how to help Isaac?

Replies

• Options
    Hello my dd is 25mons n she is very caring n friendly n my best mate has got a 23mon old but everytime they walk through the door her dd cries n wants 2 be carried. I guess kids jus tend 2 like some n not the others cos my dd has neva hurt her
    But I think u avoidin her isn't necessary but u have@to let ur lo get used to him gradually lik maybe him holdin a toy ur lo likes n givin it to him, lettin him know its alrite 2 play him by u showin him examples. U could sit with them both on the floor n sharin toys with them both n lettin him realise him bin nasty 2 sumone else in that manner is totally unacceptable.
    I hope u get to sort it though cos I don think I'll let a good friend go like that, as long my dd isn't gettin harmd in anyway then she'll hav 2 get used to it.
    Hop I could help, goodluck n keep me posted.