Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Message for faithlouise (nappycake)

If you still need to know it fairly easy to make a nappy cake you need some cardboard to help make the shape of the cake some glue tape or sello tape some ribbon and what your using for your cake.

I folded the bath robe and the blanket in half ...... made a ring with the cardboard and rolled the blanket and robe around the ring. This seemed the easiest way and then i folded all the extra bits in the middle and filled with nappies.

I also put the ribbon around the middle of each "cake" to make it look realistic. The top tier was nappies rolled up again within a cardboard ring and to finish off i wrapped the wholething in cellophane and finished with a bow.

Hope this helps it really was trial and error but looked very affective.

Replies

• thank you for that im going to look into making them xxx
  • Hi sorry for being nosey and reading your post but was wandering what a nappycake was sounds good but very confusing is there a website you go on that shows you a picture of the finished cake so you know what to aim for thanks xxx sorry again
  • hi go on e bay and 'search nappy cake' on there they have some really fantastic ones!!!
  • OOo will do thank you
  • google nappy cakes and they tell you how to make them and then its just up to you and your imagination as to how to make them individual...i giving them to all my new mum friends lol
    fea