Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi, shoe advice please?

Hi everyone,
Sorry I havn't been on in ages things have been pretty hectic with oh and I splitting up. Hope everyone is well.
Connor needs new shoes, hes a 5e now which the shop assistant says is narrow. Im going to struggle to afford Clarks shoes so I was wondering if there are any other brands that are cheaper but also good quality. If there is no other option then i will find the money for clarks I dont want him to be uncomfortable or have feet problems.
Thanks
Gill
xxxx

Replies

• Hi
    Brantano do a range called "Feet Street" they seem quite well fitted and I would buy them for my daughter too...clarks as so expensive for the amount of time they actually spend in them!
    You can buy them online and they reasonably priced or you can go in store.

http://www.brantano.co.uk/Shop/brantano_uk/Kids/Children Pre-School/Choose by Size/05/Closed Shoes/Slip-on/cat_03_0301_030101_03010105_0301010501_030101050101.aspx?category=030101050101&page=4

Good selection too just put in size 5 and lots of pairs came up!

Also if you want to go for clarks have a look on ebay as people sell kids clarks shoes and you might get yourself a bargain. Our clarks shop has a sale on at the moment and lots of kiddies shoes for very reasonable prices just have to find the right size as they don't always have them all in the sale..was dismayed when I saw the shoes had brought Lily in September for just ??8...we paid ??28! eeek

HTH xxx
  • hi, i just wanted to suggest ebay as another option. so many people sell second hand shoes on there that are clarks and have proper width fittings. you might be able to find a pair which are next to new for a fraction of the price? just a suggestion as i dont know anywhere else that do width fittings X
  • Other thing you could try is to see if there is either a Clarks, or Hush puppies outlet near you. Both sell the shoes for a fraction of the full price. I was particularly impressed with Hush Puppy, they have a slightly different way of fitting them which means they have more styles in each size. Good luck, I have the opposite problem, Barney is an H fitting with a high instep so I know how frustrating trying to buy shoes for not 'average' feet is!!
    xx
  • Definately see if you can find a clarks outlet as bedhead suggests. Whenever I am back in the UK and over at my Mums I go to one near here and last time got my lo a pair of smart boots, smart shoes, and a pair of trainers and the whole lot came to ??30! Total bargain, they are just 'last seasons' or something so nothing wrong with them at all! x
  • Hi, I'd also suggest a retail outlet 'mcarthur glen' is a good one and usually has a Clarke there, also tk maxx - you can sometimes find great bargains there, I got zachariah timberland style boots for ??12 and they're about ??40 everywhere else and I wouldn't say they're A poorer quality by any means either. I've heard ebays good but never needed to try there yet. Zachariah's 2 now and I've probably spent a total of ??60-80 on his shoes since we began and they're all clarkes or similar. Good luck
  • I took Charlotte on Thursday and she now measures as a 5 1/2 D, but she manages with an E width in some styles although quite a few are too deep for her. Other mums have always recommended Startrite to me but I've never tried them yet and tbh think they are just as expensive as Clarks.

Just to add for no real reason as Charlotte so petite but with long narrow feet she finds it hard in her new shoes to walk - looks like she has flippers!
  • hi i work in clarks and there is a massive sale on right now and the kids shoes have been reduced to ??5
    xx
  • we are lucky that we have a clarks outlet near us so i have never paid more than about ??12 for my girls clarks shoes. do you have an outlet near you? if not as others have said when the normal clarks ahve a sale, the prices go down to less than half of what they orrigianly were. xxx