Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Dry scalp

Kara has dry skin on her scalp and some days it looks worse than others especially when it flakes. Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations what to use on it to help it clear up. I used Olive oil when she was a baby on her cradle cap and found it good but didn't know whether to use it again as she is older andI didn't know whether it would do any good as her hair is longer. I don't know if the dryness is any worse because of her diabetes or she has just generally dry skin. Her body at times too would be dry but moisturiser sorts that out. Any advice or recommendations would be great. She is 17 months.

Thanks in advance
Louise & Kara

PS will also post in baby forum

[Modified by: Louise & Kara on 19 February 2009 22:31:32 ]

Replies

• yes i would use olive oil, i use it on my own scalp if it's dry, you can just massage it into her scalp and hair before bed then just wash it out, her hair will be really shiny too.

Paul is 15 months and he still has cradle cap. i use the cradle cap shampoo dentinox i think it's fab
  • I was going to buy the detinox tomorrow and try it and see if it works. I think I will go ahead if it worked for you. I actually think now I might have some in a bag upstairs. Thanks for the advice.