Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weeing on the floor help

my son is 4 in june and he is totally toilet trained but the last couple of days he has started to wee on his bedroom floor!!
his room is right next to the bathroom and its not even at night its occurring this evening it was when he was changing into his pjs,, this morning i have no idea what that was about, he got out of bed walked around the other side went for a wee then back into bed again,,,,
its driving me mad,,,

i had a baby in jan and im sure deep down maybe its conected,, we dont leave him out hes still very involved and he idolises him,, its very cute,,,
what can i do??

Replies

• omg!! the same happened with my son. It happened last year before he was 4 (was 4 in nov), and i couldn't understand why it had happened, he did it a few times on his bedroom floor and in his sisters room! I was pregnant with number 4 and we had moved house and schools last year so i put it all down to that.

Just after christmas he started drawing on the walls, still don't know why but i think that's stopped too now!!

I don't know what i can say to you to help him stop, but just show him that you love him loads and pay him a little more attention. I told my son off for it too, which some say is the wrong thing but i think if your nice to them they won't understand its wrong, so i just told him that his room is horrible now and that it stinks of wee etc. And as i said it did stop eventually!!!

good luck you'll get through it xx
  • my little boy did a boy on the lounge floor a couple of days after having our baby and i think it was coz we were talking about her poo so much he wanted us to talk about his. we just said every time we changed her nappy " thank goodness your a big boy and dont have to wear nappies" and made a real fuss of him using the loo again. mich- could the wrighting on the wall be coz of the orange phone advert with the rainbows, they draw on thewall and we had a prob with that coz he loves the advert.