Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Green diarrhoea....?

Ollie has a runny nappy last night, and it was green...... not just a bit of green here or there as though he'd been eating peas, but completely green - call it grass green colour fading to a dark pastel green in places.
He has been eating peas and carrots yesterday but they have never before caused him to have green poo before!
come to think of it, the solids bits of poo he's been doing for the last few days have been green coloured....

does anyone have any idea what it is? It doesnt look normal at all, and I'm not sure I should be googling it... :lol: The runny nappy doesnt bother me as long as it was only the one... dont fancy having him pooing his pants... should i put a pull up on him just in case to save having to clear up a right mess?

Thanks

Stephe, and a green pooey ill Ollie
xxx

Replies

• I have always been led to believe that green poo's mean they have had a bit of upset tummy like trapped wind, i know when leo has been constipated he has the next day had green soft poos and then really runny ones and they can be green for a day or 2. But if you are concerned i would take him to the docs if it persists. I might try a pull up just incase as it wouldnt be nice for him to have a runny green accident.
    vikki xx