Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please-she has a rash.

Hi ladies, My daughter who is 2 next month has had a spotty rash over her belly and chest since yesterday, she isn't unwell at all but i was at work today and my husband says she has been scratching a bit today but not too much. It kind of looks like heat rash, small blisters ect, thought it could be chicken pox but they did fade over night and then came up again today and then even more so after her bath. I don't think it can be just heat rash as it is just over her belly and chest, not anywhere else. Does anyone know what this could be? thanks xxx

Replies

• No idea what it can be but Sonny has had this for the past 9 weeks, I thought it was CP at first too but after the first week they were still coming up. The old ones were drying up & fading but new little clusters were coming up in new places. Stangly he has only had them on his belly & lower legs!!!

I eventually went to gp who gave antibiotics but they didn't work so it isn't an infection or viral so she referred him to paediatrician & prescribed Aqeous cream (sp!) which is helping with the scarring & itching. I would say if still coming up with new spots in a week go to the GP, before that they will just say it is chicken pox, mine trie dto tell me it was chicken pox & I had to insist that he had had it at that point for over 8 weeks so it couldn't be!!!

I left it longer than I normally would as I thought it was possibly a pollen allergy as it was middle of summer but he now has had it for so long that the soonest the hospital can see him is the end of october. Not good so I am taking him back to the gp this week to get this pushed through faster.

Dont' know if this is helpful but it was just to say, dont' be fobbed off with cp if new spots are coming up in over 7 days since the first ones did & insist on a referral.
  • ok thanks for replying, it can be worrying when kids come up in a rash. I will keep an eye on it. I hope Sonny is ok, sounds uncomfortable for him, bless him. The rash is still there this morning but i don't think she has more of them, last night they were like blisters and today its more like a spotty rash but then this happened on saturday night too, it was like blisters in the afternoon/evening but by yesterday morning it looked like it does now and then came up again last night. Thanks again xxx
  • ok thanks for replying, it can be worrying when kids come up in a rash. I will keep an eye on it. I hope Sonny is ok, sounds uncomfortable for him, bless him. The rash is still there this morning but i don't think she has more of them, last night they were like blisters and today its more like a spotty rash but then this happened on saturday night too, it was like blisters in the afternoon/evening but by yesterday morning it looked like it does now and then came up again last night. Thanks again xxx
  • Chicken Pox tends to appear over 3-4 days, mainly on body and face (maybe some on limbs if a bad case). Start as red, itchy spotty rash which then blisters, then scab over - all 3 stages can be seen at the same time while still appearing.

It does sound more viral to me, which in 90% of cases antibiotics are useless as they treat bacterial probs not viral. Viral infections can be caused by a number of things and the rashes can hang around for 2 or 3 wks, sometimes fading for a day or 2 then seeming to reappear again but each time, the overall rash does lessen til eventually gone.

As with anything like that thou, if u are at all concerned then go see ur gp.