Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what are your routines?

i had one with millie when she was a baby but now she is getting older it just seems to have gone out of the window, but id really like her to get back in to one. could you please post you routines so i can get an idea, she is 13 months old, thank you x

[Modified by: hayley+1+bump on 23 June 2008 17:18:19 ]

Replies

• Millie's routine looks like this

7.30-8ish she wakes up and comes to watch tv in bed with us
    8.30 breakfast, then I have a shower and we get dressed
    10ish we normally go out somewhere
    10.30 small snack, a biscuit or some fruit (and coffee for mummy!)
    12.45 Lunch
    1-1.30 Goes down for nap, normally has about an hour and half
    5.30 Tea, followed by milk (with nesquik as it's the only way she'll drink it)
    6.00 We sit down and watch Cebeebies bedtime hour
    7.00 Bath and then story and bed, she's normally in bed by 7.30

We've been following this routine since she was about 14 months, before that she used to have a sleep in the morning as well (about 10ish) for half an hour, normally either in her pushchair or car seat while we were out. She doesn't like milk so we don't have to worry about fitting that in either. Hope that helps
    Kerry xx
  • hi. i always been quite laid back about routine but i do like to have a little structure expecially when it come to naps and stuff.

7-9am breakfast
    10.30 nap (if we out in car or for a walk)
    11am snack
    12.30 lunch
    2-3pm 1 1/2 - 2 hours sleep.
    4pm snack
    5.30-6 dinner
    7-8 bath
    7.30-9 bed

chloe is 18months so the mornig nap depends on how tired she is. i am trying to cut it out altogether. we usually do shopping or something in the morning. if we no out i do my housework. after lunch we usually do painting or drawing or go out the the park or library or something like that.
  • Izzy is 2 and a half and i work mon - wed so not really got a routine in the daytime cos it changes day to day, but eve:

6-6.30 Dinner
    7.00 - Bath
    7.30 Book and Bed!!!

Nice and simple LOL!!! just want a routine with a bubba in it now!!!! xxx
    http://b3.lilypie.com/VWrOp1/.png

http://tt.lilypie.com/P2wdp1/.png

• I dont really have a routine for my son, as his dad works during the day and i work nights (just gone on maternity leave) Its not easy. I personally dont feel i need to have a routine. We have tea at the same time every night but apart from that he just goes to bed when he's tired and wakes up when he wants to and he has always slept through for at least 12 hours a night (usually between 10-10) hes a very healthy and happy child so although routines work for some familys, sometimes you dont necesserily need them x
  • hiya,ive had primrose in a routine since she was 3mnths old and just addapted it as shes got older shes 22mnths now,

7.30-gets up
    8am-breakfast
    10.30-snack
    12noon-lunch
    12.30 till 2-nap
    6.30-bed

she has allways really done this since she was 3mnths but we live on a farm so she has plenty of fresh air and for me thats the key to her good sleeping habbits however they are all different! my routine has been a life saver.xx
  • I dont really have a routine for my son, as his dad works during the day and i work nights (just gone on maternity leave) Its not easy. I personally dont feel i need to have a routine. We have tea at the same time every night but apart from that he just goes to bed when he's tired and wakes up when he wants to and he has always slept through for at least 12 hours a night (usually between 10-10) hes a very healthy and happy child so although routines work for some familys, sometimes you dont necesserily need them x

thats how things work for me at the mo, just doesnt seem to adapt to a routine lol x
  • Hi
    Hope things are well with you.
    Matthew is 14months and this is our routine. He has either one or two naps in the day, depending on his mood!!

7-7.15 wakes up.
    (i shower while he natters in his cot)
    7.30 get him up, changed, little wash with flannel and water (cos he gets a bit snotty!)
    8ish breakfast
    Play or go out to town or walk dog
    10ish milk drink from beaker with an apricot and small biscuit
    Play or go out
    11/11.30 nap (can last 1 or 2 hours)
    12.30/45 (sometimes later if he sleeps longer) lunch
    Play or go out or walk dog
    Sometimes afternoon nap
    4.30/45 Tea
    Play
    6.30 (sometimes earlier if tired) bath, milk and bed. Usually in bed and generally asleep at 7ish

Looks like we do lots of playing, but often i'm doing housework or half watching a prog too (bad mother!) Our day varies around trips out or when we walk the dog. I'm looking for new things to do with him - is he too young to try crayons or paint? Anyone out there got interesting play ideas?

HTH
    Juliette :\)
  • Lily loves crayons Juliette, but mainly eating them, throwing them and drawing on my sofa lol!

Lily has a routine, but it's not strict (she's 14 months):-

Between 7-8am gets up and has brekkie. Wash, brush teeth and get dressed then she plays for a bit.

Around 10am she has a snack and drink.

Around 11.30-12.30 she will have her dinner then go for a nap straight after. If she wakes up early we play or go for a walk.

3.30 is her tea time, then it's more playtime (what a lovely life!)

5pm is bathtime most evenings, supper at 5.30 then a story in her room.

Bed at 6pm.

But I have a 7 week old as well so it does vary a bit, and most days we will go out either morning or aft.

xxx