Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

chicken pox

helloo.. just after some general advice really ...

i looked after my friends little boy for the day on friday.. hes 20months and my daughter is 2.5. they played together etc all day... he has now come out with chicken pox today .. and im wondering a) what the likelyhood is that my dd might get them (which im not overly worried about obviously i dont want her to be ill but its supposed to be better for her now than later right?) and b) my oh has never had them... is it worse for adult men???

thanks for any replies

gemma x

Replies

• apparently its the season for it as my son has them also lol

im sure there is a huge likly hood of your dd getting them,living in the same house

heres a little info for you x

http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/chickenpox.htm
  • hi, both my 2 are getting over them too, its prob likely ur lo will get them, my dd2 caught them off dd1 exactky 2weeks after dd1's spots came out, so it may be another 2 weeks before ur lo catches them, also ur oh will prob catch it if ur lo does get it, and apparantly the older u r the worse it is but not sure how true that is. we used bicarb of soda in the bath, it really helped ease the itching. xxx
  • thank you both.. ill keep an eye on her over the next couple of weeks it wont be such a bad thing if she does get them i know..its just my oh is paranoid about him getting them too though :-S will have to wait and see!!

thanks for the replies