Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

'Good Mother' Award

Hi
Well, I usually end up with bad mother awards (having to cut Matthew out of clothes that were too tight, dropping him on his head etc)
However, can i have a good mother award please? :roll:
It is Matthew's 2nd Birthday today and so I made him a cake, decorated it with jelly tots and magic starts.....and it tasted fantastic!!! image

Replies

• woo def a good mother award to u. The cake sounds yummy.
    Hope matthew had a lovely day and enjoyed his yummy cake.
    I am so undomesticated so rhys has to make do with shop cakes if they are to be edible lol x
  • Congratulations - the cake looks lovely!! Hope Matthew had a lovely day and enjoyed eating his cake!!
    xx
  • Well done - the cake looks Yummy.
    Its not often us mums think about all the good stuff we do xx
  • Thanks ladies! Matthew loved his cake, and i caught him trying to finish off another child's piece too LOL!
    Take care
  • You can have the award, but only if you tell me the story about cutting him out of his clothes :lol: I think I must have missed that one!
    xx
  • Wow impressive cake. It is Isaacs birthday today and I have made him a cake, it was the one in prima baby mag this month, the lemon one with all the sweets on it. Had to buy prima baby this month coz Isaacs piccy was in the birthday stars and he won a fisher price farm set. Will post piccy of the cake later.
  • You can defo have the good mother award! It's nice to see someone nominating themselves for this instead of bad lol!
    The cake looks lovely, I'm not surprised he was trying to nick someone else's piece haha.

And the award for best mum goes to...... (envelope crinkles).......Juliette!

(The crowd applauds)

;-)

• (Juliette wipes away tear and begins speech)....
    All i can say is thank you, and bless you all!!

LOL LOL!!
    Don't think i really deserve the award - may have to share it with Hayley l - piccie in the magazine? Wow, now that's impressive!!

OK, when Matthew was little, we were given some clothes for him 2nd hand. There was a cute dungarees set and i was desperate to try him in it. So i put it on thinking, ooo, it's a bit of a squeeze, but i persevered. Got it on but after a few minutes i thought, hmmmmm, it does look a bit too tight. So i tried to take it off....and i tried...and i tried! My chunky man was stuck, so i had to take a pair of scissors to the dungarees and cut him out LOL LOL!!!!

(Juliette hands back good mother award after reliving this memory)

NB Juliette is currently ignoring Matthew after 10th time of returning him to his new big bo bed for his nap grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Why did she decide to try this? Oh well, off she goes to try returning him again...sigh.
  • Ha ha Juliette. Isaac started off just great in his big bed but has no progressed to getting out every 5 mins and even worse than that he thundered in to my room at 5.45 in the morning shouting for a cuddle and I just put him straight back to bed. Seriously considereing putting the cot back up for the sake of my sanity :lol: