Forum home› Toddlers & older children› Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

does your two year old take her/his nap anymore?

hi amanda, my daughter hasnt took a nap since she was about 15 months (i think) only if i had her in the buggy , she nearly 3 now and unless shes not well you havent got a hope of her putting her head down. karen xx

Replies

• hello there! my daughter just turned two and we????ve decided not to give her her dummy for her afternoon nap anymore (she only had it for this) and now she has decided she doesnt want to take her nap anymore! i was wondering if they still ned this mid-afternoon sleep or not? and wondered if your toddlers still take naps too?
    anyway guess she????s growing up :cry: and got to get used to the idea!
    love,
    amanda xxx:lol:
  • My son is 2 and a half and rarely naps which is a concern as I read recently (in Prima baby) that he should be having 1hr15m in the day and almost 12 hrs at night. He doesnt have this much sleep, he's a perpetual motion machine!!!! He tires me out something chronic yet up until his 2nd birthday and from being 8 weeks old, he slept 12 hr nights!! Ps, he still has his dummy!!
  • my son is 2 and a half and he doesnt nap in the afternoon,unless we are in the car for a long time.he sleeps for 12 and a half hours at night xx
  • My son would not take naps at all since 7 months old. I tried. I even strapped him in his car seat and made it face the wall. The only time he would sleep was if he was out in the buggy. He slept well at night though(14-15 hrs). It hasn't done him any harm as he is reading,counting past 100, adding, subtracting,knows his opposites etc and isn't at school yet!
  • ive got a little boy who turns 4 next week and would still have a nap if let him! but my 2 half year old hasnt had or wanted a nap since just before christmas. they both still fall asleep in the car.i think all children are different and will let you know what they want to do.

amanda xx
  • hi all

my son is 2yrs and 4 months, he sometimes sleeps for 2 hrs in the afternoon bt if he does he wont go to sleep at night till at least 930pm!! but if he doesnt sleep in the day he will go to bed at 630pm, he has never been a good sleeper.

lisa
  • thanks for your replies girls, its true that every kid is different! thanks for putting my mind at rest! i wish i wouldnt worry sooo much about everything, dont u? lol
    love, amanda xxx
  • hi ya just read post my son does still nap inthe day on the days he doesn't he ends up getting bad tempered about 4-5pm!!
  • hi my little girl is 2 and a half and she can go without a sleep but turns into a little monster if she does, so most days she sleeps for 2 hours after lunch then goes to bed at 7pm
  • hi,
    My son is 2 and hasnt had naps in the afternoon since he was about 18 months. My eldest child had afternoon naps until she was around 2 and a half though.just shows you as ajnlush says every kid is different and needs different amounts of sleep. It gets exhausting when they stop sleeping in the pm doesnt it, that used to be when i used to do all the housework and stuff.
    Toni x
  • hi, my little boy is 2 and he still has a nap (he is as i speak!) the best time for him to nap is anytime up until 3.00 i think becuse anytime after and he wont sleep on the night. i find that if he doesnt have a nap he gets really restless and moany around tea time and then gets over tired and then ends up totally hyper by bedtime! somedays he wont nap and then falls asleep about 6 and sleeps right through till about 7 which is fine by me!lol
    xx
  • Hi my son is also 2 and nearly always naps for 1-2 hours most afternoons - which I love - however his younger brother barely naps for longer than 30 minutes at a time ( unless in motion - car / pushchair) and usually no more than 1-2 a day!!! And never in synch with his older brother - now when do I get to have my nap - its so not fair - however wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!??????? lol.
  • Hey Girls, my daughter is 2 1/2 and still naps in the afternoon for about an hour and a half. If we have a quite day at home with not too much to do she will cut her sleep out but normally becomes a little monster at about 5ish or teatime at 6ish. Regardless if she has a nap or not though she will always go to bed at about 8.30ish and sleep till about 7.30 the next morning. I am not going to try and stop her with #2 on the way for September as I could use the time to catch up myself during the day, lol.......
  • Hi - my daughter is nearly 2 and hasn't slept during the day since she was about 18/19 mths - which is when the dummy went!! Tho if she needs a sleep, she will sit on me or the sofa and nod off - also she sometimes nods off in the car. The only problem I have if she does sleep, is that bedtime goes from 7.30pm to 8.30pm!! So I prefer it if she doesn't sleep. Sam xx
  • My daughter turned 2 in May and she has a 2-2.5 hour nap every day. She loves her sleep and gets tired very quickly so she usually gets up around 8am and then goes down for her nap bout 11am. I cant see any sign of her stopping her daytime nap for a while yet.
  • hi my little girl is 2 on the 31st august and she still takes a nap in the afternoon. sometimes for half hour to 2 hours and some times she doesn't nap at all. so she is starting to not want a nap. she is up at 5am every morning so by 12 she is ready for it. xxx