Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

picky eating

Up until now both my girls ( 3 years and 1.5 years) have been great eaters and now these last two weeks they just won't touch anything. I know it's normal for kids to go in phases but when you spend hours preparing a meal it could make you cry to see them not even look at it. How are you lo's eating?

Replies

• Hi abeasley

How are you keeping. Its really frustrating isnt it. My lo is a good eater, shes 23mths, but from time to time you notice that something you cooked for her the previous week that she absolutely loved she then wont eat or just pushes away. Thankfully it doesnt happen too often but when it does we just tell her that that is all she is getting so she'll be hungry if she doesnt eat it. Usually after a few minutes she gives in & eats it all & then we make a big fuss of her but there have been a few times where she has gone without til her next meal

Hilary x
  • sounds like they are just testing you, i'd just carry on giving them the same foods and if they don't eat it it's tuff! i'm sure they'll give in x.
    i've just realised that all mine eats is fish fingers or cheese sandwiches, don't quite know how it got to this, i'll be making sure he eats his veg. and more foods from now on teehee!! x.