Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Boys and prams

Hi ladies,i've posted this on the dads section as well but need some more womens' advice, I've got a little boy he's 1 year old now and I've bought him a doll and a pram. The doll is a boy doll and the pram is blue, does anyone see anything wrong with a little boy pushing a pram round the house? and would you let your son do it? my hubby went balistic at me and said it's not right, personally i dont see a problem with it, it's just something for him to play with and he plays with them at nursery anyway.

Please help me on this cos hubby is adament that its not right and i really cant see why.
Sammi xx

Replies

• Just answered this in the dads section as I saw it there first!
  • Hi Sammi
    I dont see why it is a problem that your little boy plays with a pushchair, my friend had to buy her little boy a blue pushchair and thats all he played with his dad went mad to, but why not? if little girls can play with cars and action figures then boys should b able to play with what ever they want,
    my eldest girl as preffered to play with 'boys' toys she ad the mo is into power rangers and transformers!!
    But most definatly if i had a boy and he wanted to play with one then i would buy him one!
    Take care
    Adele xxxx :\)

[Modified by: nezy on March 27, 2008 07:41 AM]
  • My 2 yr old son and my friend's 2yr old actually scrap over playing with a pram, and that's pink! We just let them get on with it and remember it for when they're 18!
    I don't see any probs with it. When i was pg with no 3 we bought ds2 a doll and bottles so he had a baby and when we go to toddler group he plays with the pram as much as the garage.
    Chn mimic what we do so your lo's being a daddy pushing his baby - i assume your oh has no probs about pushing a pram himself??!
  • Thank you for your replies, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who couldn't see a problem with it. I've tried explaining to oh that it'e just something for Harrison to push and doesn't mean anything but he's still adament that it's wrong.
    I've also pointed out that he himself pushes Harrison's pram so that must make him 'wrong' but he thinks that is different because it has a real child in it. I can see I am fighting a losing battle with oh so have resigned myself to the fact he is too stubborn to want to understand, I will however be keeping the pram and doll as Harrison loves them, he pushes it round and keeps stopping and popping his head into the pram as if checking the baby is ok, lol, he has me in stitches.
    Thanks for your help ladies :\)

Sammi
    xxxxxxxx