Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Thumb sucking

Hi iwas woundering if anybody has had a problem with their shild sucking their thumb my son is 3yrs old and my no2 child he sucks his thumb an di have been told by the dentist to get him off it which is harder than said cause if he had a dummy it would be easier i have tried plasters but he just bites them off or pulls them off or starts sucking his fingers instead,i have also tried the stop n grow which is surpose to stop them sucking their thumb but it doesnt work with my son i dont know what else to do so if anybody has got some adivse i would like it if they could tell me please thank emmarist with 4 children :\?

Replies

• hi bex82 thanks for that it great to know that by time the time he goes to school he might not suck it cause his friends dont my other 3 had dummys he was the only one that wouldnt take a dummy im just started to get my daughter mollie 22 months off her dummy during the day it is a lot easier than a thumb sucker to get rid of but fingers cross that he might stop in september when he starts full time preschool its attached t the school so he might stop when he makes friends and they dont suck their thumbs thank you for your reply