Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

had the worst day of my life yesterday, a Warning

millie has had a a tv in her room since christmas, she watches half an hour of a dvd b4 she goes to sleep, while i tidy upstaires, I heard her screaming i ran in and she had bite thru the tv wire while it was on, she still had hold of the wire with one hand and her other hand was on the tv, she was shaking bad, i could hear the electric going thru her, she was getting an electric shock off it, her hand went in to spasam coz of the electric, she was screaming in pain she couldnt leave go, everything happend so fast, i just pushed her away from tv and she fell on the floor, laid there for wat felt like ages and started crying, everything went a blur all i can remember was screaming for my husband to come up, took her stright to hospital she had to have a ECG scan to check heart, ive never been so scrared in all my life, everything came bk ok, so we were allowed home, just had to keep an eye on her, so i slept in her room last night, she isnt burnt but had a slight red marks were she had hold of wire,

when we have looked at the wire she had only bite thru the brown wire, if she had bite thru all 3 we would of probley lost her, i feel sick just thinking about it, i would advise anyone with tv in room to get the wires covered i only wish i had soon, x

Replies

• Options
    OMG that must have been so scary so glad to hear she is okay and thanks for the info, you just would not think of this happening! Big Hugs to you both x
  • Options
    omg thats awful, i cant imagine how upsetting it must have been, how old is your dd? my eldest has a tv in her room too, you just dont think they will do these things.
  • Options
    Wow! I'm so glad she's alright! You think you have everything covered, safety plugs etc and then something like that happens, it must have been absolutely awful for you (and her) ! I wasn't thinking of putting a tv in los room for ages yet as still young and because i'd been worried about it falling on him, as for chewing through wires, that's something to watch out for in every room, think I'm going to do another safety evaluation of the house! Thanks for warning and really really pleased all ok!
  • Options
    Wow! I'm so glad she's alright! You think you have everything covered, safety plugs etc and then something like that happens, it must have been absolutely awful for you (and her) ! I wasn't thinking of putting a tv in los room for ages yet as still young and because i'd been worried about it falling on him, as for chewing through wires, that's something to watch out for in every room, think I'm going to do another safety evaluation of the house! Thanks for warning and really really pleased all ok!
  • Options
    OMG how awful!!!!! I really hope your lil' girl is much better now.

I'm definately not letting Charlotte have a tv in her room for a long time now!
  • Options
    i cant believe what ive just read. i hope she is ok and that you are ok what a shock, god you just cant forsee some of these dangers. my lo loves the tv but i wont be getting her one for a while now thank you for sharing x
  • Options
    she is 2 years old, she seems fine today and the marks are fading on her hand, thank you for all the msgs xxxxx
  • Options
    omg thats awful I hope she is ok today. I am never putting a TV in Kara's room anyway as I don't want her to get into a habit of watching it before bedtime. my husband son had that habit when he was younger and when we moved in here we never put one in his room and he doesn't even miss it. Kara def wont get one at this age now especially after reading this. Thanks for sharing and I hope your lo is ok.
  • Options
    It must hav bin awful, sending loads of hugs to u both n happy 2 hear she's feeling alrit.
    Dat just concludes it 4 me def not puttin a tv in dd1's room n dd2 is still in wit us at 8mnths but movin in2 her own room ova d weeknd n def wouldn be gettin a tv in her room as well.
    Thanx so much 4 lettin us no would be havin a thorough safety chek with wires around d whole house as dd2 likes chewin on everythin.
  • Options
    OMG hun, how terrifying! Your poor little girl, hope she's feeling much better now. I can't even imagine what went through your mind. I'd never have guessed kids might bite through wires, so thanks for sharing. My girls don't have a telly in their room- they watch enough of it in the daytime!

xxx
  • Options
    omg, that must have that must have been soo scarey for you! im really glad that sheis ok today, i was thinking about getting a tv for the girls room but im not so sure now. you would never think that a child couold bite through some thing like that. xxx
  • Options
    OMG how scarey for you all! Glad shes ok. Big hugs to you both xxxx
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell how frightening for you all. It wouldn't even have occurred to me that could happen. Glad she's ok don't dwell on it though just put it down to a horrible experiencexxx