Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Beebee

Hi there

Just some info please if you can!
Am I right in saying that you've been to Koh Samui or is your oh from there?? I can't exactly remember but we're going there on holiday again in June for a wedding and the bride and groom are taking their baby with them (will be 6 months at travel), we've been on the Lotus website but it's a bit vague and we can't find out whether they (or anywhere else) sell baby food jars in brands that we might know? She's stressing about it already and it would be great if I could put her mind at rest!
Thanks
Donna
xx

Replies

• Options
    H Donna, sorry, not been on line for a couple of days.

I lived in samui for 7 years. The tesco lotus stores do sell a limited amount of jar baby food by nestle but it tends to be of the stage 1 variety,(milk based porridge types, no real meat dishes that I can remember.) which should be ok for a 6 month old. TBH though when we went out with Sonny at 10 months I took a stash of the plum & ella kitchen baby foods (as sonny was suffering lactose intolerance then as well) but he was on 3 meals a day so I was alternating mashed up thai rice & soups, cereal & rusks (the cereal & rusks can be bought in Lotus). The plum& ella range travel really well as they don't need refrigeration & come in a lot of varieties, they are also in plastic tubs rather than jars so don't weigh too much either. I would suggest she def take some as a back up, same with a pack of rusks & any rice cake snacks lo may be having. They are helpful for travel & transit if nothing else.

Feel free to email if she needs more info. I'll email a mate who lives there too to have a look next time they are in Tesco to see if things have improved in the last year.
  • Options
    Thanks for that!! I'm not worried about Poppy - she can live on Pad Thai for 10 days if need be as she loves it!
    I've just spoke to my friend and passed on your info - I really appreciate your help!
    xx