Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

what can i do and when??????

hi im hoping someone can help me on here??? i have a 22 month old son, i went back to work when he was 7 months old i have been working part time but doing full time hrs so long days but i have had 4 days off a week so i have spent alot of time with him now i am going to university full time so i wont get to spend much time with him and i will have to do extra work of a weekend to help with money
i have a few ideas on how i can spend soem quality tiem with him and so far ive come up with bath time and bed time he loves the bath so i throught i woul dmake it a mommy and daddy time

im looking for soem more ideas as to how i can spend some fun time with him we do go and feed the ducks but if i may struggle with time if im at work then he will spend time with his dad so that will nice for them to but plz plz help me with ideas and for all weather to
thank you

Replies

• Sounds like you are doing a grand job and your lo has plenty "you time" already, considering your busy schedule!! I work 4 days a week so try to make sure we have plenty fun together. Now the weather is nice my lo loves the garden and swing parks, we also go nice walks. Daddy does bath time as this is when I get things done around the house. My lo also loves other children so we try to get together with friends and family who have children so she can have some playtime.

I am sure whatever you do your lo will be happy cause they are with you guys xx
  • hi there,
    I also work 4 days a weeks so its hard to find time!
    some suggestion, things I do with my 19month boy

fancy dress up - with old oversize clothes (he loves wearing dads shirts)
    Playdough
    mixing baking ingredients - flour, water etc or helping make chocolated rice crispy cakes!
    painting and drawing
    gardening - get him a little trowel and watering can
    swings at the park
    toddler soft play activity centre
    we live near beach so go down with bucket and spade and make sandcastles, collecting pebbles, seaweed and picking cockles
    reading books - probably his favourite at the moment!

xx
  • wow they are great ideas thanx and im going to give them a try as for spending time with other kids he goes to a minder and will play with other kids and she runs a playgroup so he'll get to interact with other children but im loving the garden idea he loves it calls it the arden!!!!!!
    we do play chase around the house and he loves it so thank you and any more ideas welcome XX
  • How about special weekend treats or something? Cole gets jam on his toast when daddy has toast at the weekend, and we generally have chocolate milkshake together on a saturday morning.

What do you do when you pick up lo after work? Do you have time for a quick trip to the playground some nights? I was quite lucky in that I sorted my part time hours to finish early (4.30) cause i figured i'd rather have a short lunch break and get out earlier - and depending which way home from nursery we walk, we can go by the park and stop there for 10-15 mins.

Definately feeding the ducks - cole loves this! My mum hoards up all their old bread to take for him to throw at the ducks! Also he's loving our new garden (grass went down last tuesday!) - he has tent and tunnel & ball pool outside at the moment and he loves it
  • I work full time and have a long working day 'cos I have 3 hours travelling time. It is hard to find time to get everything done, spend time with Lily and or OH as well as finding 'me' time (which doesn't seem to exist these days!).
    Anyway, there's already been some great suggestions on here. Bathtime & bedtime is always a favourite for spending quality time with your LO and it's something I always do with Lily. Reading is another favourite and sometimes I just sit and cuddle Lily whilst we watch Peppa pig together and talk our way through what's happening.
    At the weekend sometimes I have no choice but to get on with household type chores, but I try to include Lily in this so although I'm doing housework, she thinks we're playing a game together. She'll help me load / unload the washer or dryer, I give her a duster to dust with, and she holds the flex whilst I'm hoovering. Might not sound particularly exciting, but Lily loves it!
    Good luck.