Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stupid & silly OT Q... but what would you do?

Hi girls,

As some of you may know I am being made redundant on 30th July so currently job hunting.

I had my first interview yesterday after weeks of searching for a good job! This morning they rang and want to see me again for a 2nd and final interview which I am dead chuffed about.

In the interview yesterday, they asked me whether I had any holidays booked. I told them about 2, 1-week-ers we have coming up in Autumn and they were fine with that. I stupidly forgot to tell them I have a 3-week holiday to Florida booked for 2011 (summer)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I forgot!!! Especially as I've been planning the holiday for MONTHS! and we're not even going for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now what do I do? Tell them and risk them not employing me because they don't let people have 3-weeks off in one go (which I know they have done in the past - for a friends wedding and honeymoon though which is clearly a special circumstance...) or NOT tell them and risk them saying no when I ask for the 3-weeks off and then I'm stuffed because we've already booked our flights?

My gut is telling me be honest - you can't start off on the wrong foot like that can you?

But is it worth losing a potential job offer (and I've waited 4 weeks for one bloody interview to come along!!!) for a holiday?

I REALLY don't want to risk losing my 3 weeks in Florida - I am sooooooo looking forward to it!!! LOL

There is also every chance my hubby won't be able to do 3-weeks either as he's also starting a new job at the end of August and he didn't tell them - but granted they didn't ASK him about hols he's got booked. This company DID ASK ME!

What to do what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joo xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun what a pickle! I would have to be honest im afraid otherwise i wouldn't sleep at night worrying about when i do have to actually tell them!

Hopefully they will be pleased you have been honest and you will get the job anyway.

Fingers and toes crossed for you!! xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls!!!

I bit the bullet and told them as she rang to check I was ok for the timing of the 2nd interview...

She was fine - said its very unlikely it will be a problem and certainly won't impact their decision!

Phew! Joo xxx
  • Options
    Very brave - if it was me I wouldn't have told them! If it was coming up in 6 months I would have but not 1 year! Fingers crossed for you!!

I had a similar situation! At the interview they did not ask me, and I told them about a Monday I needed off at the induction, but totally forgot about the 2 week holiday we have booked in september.

Luckily, she was OK about it - JUST about - but if I'd mentioned it at interview I really doubt I would have got the job as september is the busiest time of year for us x

• Options
    Yes i would be honest and lets hope that they let you go!
    Good Luck hun xx