Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sleepwear during the summer

Hi

Can someone offer some advice on this. My lo is almost 15 months now and i have been putting her to bed with a vest, pjs and a sleeping bag. I think last night she may have been too warm so i took her sleeping bag off. Is it ok to put short sleeved pjs on her in this weather or would i be better just taking her vest off and keeping everything else on. I'm so clueless with this type of thing. Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• Options
    I normally take Milie's vest off to start with (like last night) and then if it get hotter will put her in short sleve pj's with no vest. She does have a quilt now not a sleeping bag and I know she kicks it off if she gets hot so I don't worry too much.
    xx
  • Options
    should i leave the vest off tonight, (its really warm here in glasgow) and keep the sleeping bag on or take that off as well
  • Options
    In this weather, if it is a 2.5 tog sleeping bag I would probalby put her in just a vest and sleeping bag. If it is a 1 tog bag then I would go with just pj's and the sleeping bag.
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that
  • Options
    i've got mine in a vest and pj pants with 2.5sleepbag, i plan on getting rid of the sleep bag during the summer though and just using blanket so that when the winter comes we can move on to a quilt =D
  • Options
    since the weather has got alot warmer, i have put Jack in a vest and light sleeping bag, he still gets quite sweaty though as his room seems to get hot, even with the window open!
  • Options
    we tried getting rid of the sleeping bag coz its too warm but she not for it. been puting her in with vest and pj's trousers like mum2,24. we also bought a new sleeping bag from tesco. it a bit lighter so she seems comfy for now.
  • Options
    We've never put a vest on our LO at night - just PJ's and a grobag. We vary the tog and sleeve length depending on the weather.