Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Further to last week's milk and traveling question...

So we are back from the wedding and things went pretty smoothly. The staff at the venue were incredibly helpful about heating up milk. BUT there was no fridge in our hotel room and, believe it or not, we managed to find a hotel that doesn't do room service! Anyway, we managed to placate Peter with water and biscuit and got him a cup of warm milk with breakfast, but I am now wondering what I should offer if we ever find ourselves in this position again. An Organix gingerbread man is not an ideal way to start the day so can anyone suggest alternatives? I was thinking maybe a rusk but he has never been too keen on the ones I make and they are incredibly crumby, so not ideal for a hotel room.

Replies

• Options
    Glad things went smoothly for you. Would a banana work? I always find these are a good stopgap if J has to wait longer than usual for a meal! image
  • Options
    When we go away we are taking a coolbox for cole's milk - but he does have oat milk which isn't that easy to get hold of so we do need to carry it with us.

We are having 1 night at one hotel and 2 at the other and we'll set off with a bunch of frozen coolblocks and some frozen smoothie cartons too and i know at least the first hotel has an ice machine so we'll take some plastic bags and refill with ice,

I'm finding it bizarret hat both hotels say they don't have fridges cause usually they have minibars but I have been camping before and kept stuff ok in a coolbox for 48 hours or so so sure it'll be fine as we will be visiting the inlaws too and taking over their freezer to refreeze our coolblocks.

Just thought I'd mention that, but otherwise will he eat dried cereal to keep him going? Cole will happily have snacks of dry shreddies, cheerios, asdas little stars, bran flakes, cornflakes - in fact pretty much anything lol. Used to give him a few to distract him while I made his breakfast and now he'll have a small bowl of dry cereal to keep him going till he has brekky at nursery on nrusery days.