Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Need some advice!! O/T (Also posted in baby)

Im off to lincoln on friday for my brothers wedding and me and oh have known about and planned to go to it for over a year! A couple of weeks ago oh anounced to me that he didnt want to go as he didnt have enough money blah blah blah lol we are staying in two hotels as it works out cheaper, a travel lodge on the friday and Saturday are staying in the hotel where my bro is getting married all in all the hotels are costing over ??200 But i am paying for them, he now says he needs a new suit (which he doesnt he just seems to think he has grown since he last wore it a few months ago!!) and he needs to get his hair done ( he has dreds and has to travel to bristol to have them done and it costs around ??150 + travel costs) whenever we go to a wedding or anything formal he ties his hair back so there fore it wouldnt make a difference if he had it done or not!!! he then said he isnt going to know anyone there so he would be bored, but i dont know anyone apart from my three brothers and my sister and her boyfriend I dont even know the bride (he knows my family too so not any less people than me)

He is really peeing me off as i was looking forward to getting away for the weekend and doing something nice but it seems like he is making every excuse not to go, one minute he's going and the next he's not and we have argued for the last couple of weeks about it now i feel like i dont even want to go, I would like him to be there not only as he is my oh and should be there cos he's family but i also need help with two young children....

He said today that he was coming but isnt happy about it and is basically making me feel really guilty for wanting him to be there with me i dont want him to be there if he's just going to be peed off and grumpy the whole time, but i dont know if i should just tell him not to bother and go on my own i do really want him to be there with me as i dont want to go on my own or have to explain why he has not gone. All the arguing has really upset me as it really is pointless if it were the other way round (which most of the time it is) and it was one of his friends or family getting married then i would be more than happy to go with him as i thought thats what you do when your in a relationship!!!What would you do?? Am i beeing selfish wanting him to be there and support me??? Or am i right and he is being really bloody selfish and childish about the whole thing!

Sorry for the rant!!

xx

Replies

• What a load of rubbish excuses!!! It's your brother's wedding not some distant friend that you haven't seen for ages and he has never met!

Be prepared to go by yourself but hope he does come - and isn't in a foul mood. Your OH sounds stuborn and is digging his heals in. You have probably said it all so why repeat yourself, it might be the less you say the more he comes round.

Sorry to hear he is spoiling what should be a happy time - your brother's wedding and a mini break away.

Hope it works out one way or another.
  • Sounds like your hubby is the one being selfish!

Could you maybe emphasise the things you can do as a family while you're off, as the wedding will only take up one day. Maybe you, oh and kids could do something fun together, something he would like?

I think he's being really stubborn, so make it clear you'll go with or without him, but let him know he'll be missing out on a fun time with you all. Personally I'd be fuming if oh left me to travel and look after both lo's by myself at a wedding!

Good luck. xxx