Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dummy Trouble

Hi my daughter is 23 months old & im trying to take her dummy but s=it's like she cant live without it, i give it 2 her when she goes bed i try to not let her have it whilst were out but she sometimes screams for it, i dont want to see her teeth bent \7 this is my reason for not wantin her to have it, Any advice?

Replies

• stick to dummy for bed only, keep the dummies in the bedroom. during the day try to distract her as much as possible, how about a doll/ teddy to cuddle when she gets upset?
  • Sorry i put 23 i meant 2 put 13, fank you im going to try the teddy, doll thing, it's jus that she gets bored quickly.
  • oh, mine is 13 months too. i want mine to only have dummy for bed but i'm not very strict about it, esp. as he's teething at the minute.
    good luck hope it works out for you, i think you've still got a while before having a dummy is a problem. my first had one til he was 2 1/2