Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

He finally stood up alone yaaaaaay

Hi, I know its not much of a thing but today at the grand age of 17 months Isaac finally managed to balance and stand up on his own for a little while, no steps yet, but it is amazing to us as he has exceptionally hypermobile joints so his joints do not support him enough to stand up or walk and he will need physio. He saw a paediatrician who said that he will walk eventually but it may take another 6 months or so and he has to wear supportive boots to help. So we are just so excited that he managed to do it all by himself (with his snazzy boots on) :\)

Replies

• Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news, well done to Isaac! I bet you are over the moon! My lo is 16 months and we're still waiting for that joyous occasion too (she has had dislocated hips, ops, casts and harnesses) so I totally understand where you're coming from!!!! image
  • Hi, yes thanks we are over the moon, he has done it loads today. It seems like such a little thing and although I was excited when my older children did it, I was never as excited and slightly mad with all the jumping up and down and clapping as I was when Isaac did it, I think its becuase I knew he had to work really hard to do it. x
  • Oh bless, that's wonderful hun image YAY ISSAC!!!!!!!!!

Our Alex did the same last week and has discovered this week he can make it from one settee to the other without falling over! An achievement for him too, considering he is 6 months behind physically.

I know how u felt, with all the clapping and praising lol
  • Oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'm sooo pleased for you all.

I saw this yesterday but the silly computer wouldn't let me log on?!?! Grrrrrrrrrr.

Hayley l i'm glad they finally gave you answers so you know where you're at now and how you can help Isaac etc. hat a relief for you image

Tobyt2000 i hope things start to improve for your LO too and she's moving about soon ;\)

Mummyx5 great news for you and your little Alex too !! :\)

Nothing exciting for me to report, except that Matthew is able to feed himself his weetabix in the morning (not too messy either!)

Keep us posted with more news image
  • Hey juliette feeding himself is exciting, Isaac will feed himself but not with a spoon whch can get messy, especially with a bowl of shreddies at breakfast time. Luckily weetabix is one of the few things he wont eat because I hate the smell and it sets like concrete if is spills and you dont wipe it up. image
  • I replied to your post on baby thread, but just wanted to say well done again to Isaac! It must have made you so happy, especially as it's such a big thing for him with his joint probs.

Juliette, that's great that Matthew's feeding himself. Lily feeds herself most meals now (thankfully!) but more out of my necessity as I can't physically feed 2 at once. Oh yeah, her favourite word, and the one she says most clearly is... 'weetabix!' Whenever I ask if if she wants some food she alwys replies 'weetabix' it's so cute! She feeds herself with it and isn't too messy...though I always find a blob of it somewhere afterwards!

xxx
  • yay!!!!! to you bet youre very excited!!
    luke is 15 months old today he got up on all 4 as if he was going to stand but then his bum flops to the floor!!! hes trying so hard bless him.
    ive tried to walk with him which he does holding both hands but you try with 1 he goes down on his knees and crawls!!! so maybe in the next 4 weeks we see him walking but hey never mind they all develop different dont they!!!
  • Haley l - I sooo know what you mean about weetabix being like concrete. I have to wipe it off as soon as he finishes otherwise it's stuck on him for the day LOL!

Hi Lea77 - good to hear from you. How's it going with two?!! Good to hear Lily is doing well with her food. Does she eat everything? Matthew does, and then some! Looks like a professional darts player with his tummy sticking out LOL! Like the prof pic - v cute!

Happymom - i hope Luke gets going for you soon. Trouble is, once they start, you spend all the time running around after them!

Take care all,
    Juliette :\)
  • Aw thanks Juliette! Matthew looks so cute on your pic, he looks really grown up though!

It's going quite well with the 2 of them at the mo, they play nicely together most of the time and Evie is really coming on now as well. They just grow up so quickly!

Yeah Lily will try most foods but after one taste if she doesn't like it she won't eat it. It took months before she would eat bananas and now she loves them! She feeds herself most meals now which is great, but I do sort of run out of food ideas for her.

Is Matthew talking much? The things Lily says are quite unclear so noone understands them- apart from weetabix which she can say properly! Yets she calls a dog a 'awawa' ??? I know she means dog as she says it every time but it's just so odd! Maybe she means woof woof.

I don't come on toddler forum much as it doesn't always come up on the list for some reason!

Nice to hear form you hun, glad you and Matthew are doing well.
    xxx
  • hi Lea, I wouldnt worry too much about lily talking, Isaac says a few things which are understandable but most of it can only be understood by me, he calls a dog a woowoo, he has a taggie blanket which he calls gaggit and juice for some stange reason is goon :lol: good job I know what he means. xx