Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

cows milk

when did you change from formula to cows milk? my son is 11 months old and i wondered when i can stop formula? he generally has 2 bottles a day at mo. he has cows milk in porridge or anything else with milk. he has a good diet but what is the reason to give formula until 12 months? help! x

Replies

• I changed just before my little one's 1st Birthday, he was about 11 and a half months, and I didn't want to buy another tub of formula! The reason to give formula is that the follow on milk contains more iron than full fat cows milk. If your son has a good diet, cows milk should be fine. My little one went straight over to it without any problems, he doesn't like it cold though!! Hope that helps.
  • Hi your supposed to wait till 12months because of your LO digestive capability apparantly they find it harder to digest cows milk before then i dont think a few weeks will make a difference tho my Lo was about 13 months when i changed it as i had formula to finish off x
  • yeah i dont want to fork out for another lot of formula! might introduce one bottle see how he goes thanks ladies x
  • i did mine half and half from 11 months then all cows milk from 12 months
  • ahh half and half sounds good as he is chucking his bottle across the room with cows milk in lol!!!! with try that later thanks x
  • ahh half and half sounds good as he is chucking his bottle across the room with cows milk in lol!!!! with try that later thanks x