Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

o/t cornea transplant

Hi!

Sorry not toddler related! Just looking for a bit of advice/info.

Due to a eye condition that i have i may need a cornea transplant at some point. Have any of you had this or know someone that has?

Thanks!

Replies

• I know someone who's had it done, I don't know her very well, she's a friend of a friend, but I know it's made a huge difference to her. The 'recovery' time was quite long though, she was off work for a couple of months and had to be very careful where she went as dust and smoke were very bad for it while it was all still healing - but that was pre-smoking ban when restaurants and pubs could be smoky. I know she doesn't regret it though, and feels it was completely worth it.
  • Thank you for replying!

Its reassuring to know that people out there have had it as I don't know a single person who has needed it and a bit apprehensive about it. Hopefully the recovery time won't be as bad as like you said the smoking ban is in order now. Got hospital soon and should find out more as they've told me very little.